Enjoy local delicacies. Learn about the local ways of life, culture, and traditions. Pamper yourself in our various saunas and wellness spaces.
Enjoy the outdoors, rest, and vacation in Muonio the Lapland way. Ask us for more information related to guided tours and local businesses. You can also rent equipment for different outdoor activities.
Here are 10 things worth checking out during the snowy months:
- Breathe in some of the world’s cleanest air
- Snowshoe trek or ski in the legendary Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park
- Enjoy a relaxing reindeer or husky sleigh ride
- Free Ride ski around Pallas
- Take a snowmobile ride to the middle of nowhere to listen silence
- Taste local reindeer and mettäkakko (forest biscuits)
- Experience the colors of Lapland: the northern lights, polar night darkness, and the bright sunsets and sunrises
- Listen to stories told by a local Shaman
- Meet a local Muonioan in one of the shops around town
- Take a dip in a hole in the ice before ending the day with a warm sauna