Enjoy local delicacies. Learn about the local ways of life, culture, and traditions. Pamper yourself in our various saunas and wellness spaces. Plant your own tree and help us in lowering the global carbon footprint.
Enjoy the outdoors, rest, and vacation in Muonio the Lapland way. Ask us for more information related to guided tours and local businesses. You can also rent equipment for different outdoor activities.
Here are 10 things worth checking out during the months without snow
- Breathe in some of the world’s purest air
- Hike the legendary Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park Taivaskero Trail
- Take a dip in one of our pure lakes, followed by a warm sauna
- Go on a wild herb-picking spree
- Go white-water rafting down the Muonio River
- Take your pick of fishing for salmon, grayling, or other local catch by various fishing methods
- Hike, cycle, or canoe under the midnight sun, or during ‘Ruska’ in autumn when the leaves begin to change color
- Visit the adorable huskies living in Lapland
- Taste local cloudberries and the traditional puikulaperuna, almond-shaped, melt-in-your-mouth, baby potatoes
- Meet a local Muonioan on Thursday’s at the local market