RESPONSIBLE AND SUSTAINABLE TOURISM IN MUONIOLet’s be responsible and sustainable together
WE ARE COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABLE TOURISM IN MUONIO
We preserve natural resources
- Our aim is to produce less waste.
- We sort and recycle waste. Find a recycling point near your cabin.
- We save energy and water.
- We use geothermal and eco-energy.
- We encourage our customers and visitors to do the same.
We use public transportation
- We promote the use public transportation.
- We encourage customers and visitors to use public transportation and existing networks and contacts when travelling.
We are developing year-round tourism
- We strive to employ locals and increase the number of year-round jobs.
- We are working hard to reach our goal of year-round services. We are continuously creating more activities for the snowless months, as well as new events and activities for all seasons.
We include the locals
- We value the local culture: the traditions, history and stories. We want to make sure that we can offer services and activities respecting the local customs and traditions.
- We work together with the locals creating events. We talk to the locals and make sure the people of Muonio are involved in the development of tourism in a way that will benefit both the locals and tourists alike.
- We are proud to use the products and services of the local suppliers.
Harri Tarvainen, Visit Finland
Join us as we promote responsible and sustainable tourism!
- In Muonio we are in the process of implementing the Sustainable Travel Finland Program by 2022.
- We are commited to the Principles of Sustainble Tourism of Metsähallitus Parks and Wildlife Finland
- We are actively communicating to tourists and other stakeholders what we’re doing as we develop and promote sustainable tourism.
Torassieppi – 12 x better than carbon neutral. Read more
Here’s how you can actively promote sustainable tourism: Download the guidelines for sustainable tourism in Lapland
Sign the pledge for sustainable tourism: