The Old House has been owned by the Särkijärvi family and housed a hostelry throughout the years. As an addition to the traditional cottage accommodation, we have built well-equipped new apartments for 2-6 persons (1 to 3 bedrooms) and with sauna in each apartment.
In our meal services we will make maximal use of the produce of our farm, the abundant fish from the lake, and the offerings of our clean nature.
- Fishing licenses Lakes Särkijärvi and Särkilompolo
- For rent worm fishing rod, fish traps, boats and canoes as well ice fishing sets including a kick sled
- Cross country skis, snowshoes and back-country skies
- Beach, lakeside sauna, kayak and sup board rental.
- Picking berries and mushrooms with a hostess.
- “Granny” bicycle rental
- For hikers, backpack rental and transfers to the Hetta-Pallas route
Restaurant Apaja offers authentic Lappish flavors and tasty homemade pastries. The berries and mushrooms are picked in Muonio. Apaja relies on the power of local food: the reindeer meat comes from the nearby reindeer men and fish from local fishermen.
During the summer restaurant operates on B&B bases. Traditional menus are available during Christmas and New Year. Coffee shop is open for springtime skiers in February-April. Group menus also available.